Led by Mr Patrick Tan and supported by our team of lawyers in the Crime and Regulatory Practice. We handle a wide range of crime and regulatory and compliance related matters. The practice provides advisory and defence services for all blue to white collar crimes and prosecution work for statutory bodies.
For white collar matters, we work closely with specialists and risk advisory partners for fraud and regulatory investigations on behalf of corporate clients. We also provide defence assistance to those who face prosecution. We offer litigation assistance, fraud, due diligence and asset tracing services for local and international clients.
Our team comprises of specialists with expert local knowledge of the civil, criminal and regulatory framework. With this blend of unique combination of expertise, we are able to provide clients who require concurrent assistance with these multi-disciplinary approach and services.
We work closely with our clients to minimise the impact of fraud on their business and enhance the prospect of asset recovery. We can trace and recover assets by working with our counterparts overseas and using the legal systems to obtain disclosure from financial institutions and others, and can apply for injunctions and freeze bank accounts and other assets both in Singapore and worldwide.
Our Crime and Regulatory experience covers the following areas:
• Trial and appeal for all crime matters including capital and court-martial offences
• Conduct of mitigation pleas at all courts
• Corporate and commercial fraud and forgery
• Insider trading
• Worldwide tracing of assets
• Transactional due diligence support and reporting
• Corruption and bribery
• Anti-money laundering
• Offences under Securities and Futures Act
• Advisory on FATCA and AML
• Prosecution of regulatory offences
• Private prosecution and magistrate’s complaints
For more information, get in touch with us: