Our team of family lawyers handles a diverse range of family law related matters. We act for both international and local clients in divorce proceedings, annulment of marriages, separations, drafting of pre and post-nuptial agreements, international child abductions and parental alienation under the Hague Convention, international relocation and custody (of children) applications, spousal violence and harassment, asset-tracing and worldwide injunction applications.
Notably, the first ever reported Singapore Court of Appeal judgment on the International Child Abduction Act was conducted by our team of family lawyers led by Patrick.
Our Family Law experience covers the following areas:
• Contentious and uncontentious divorce proceedings
• Annulment of marriages
• Deed of separation
• Drafting of pre and post-nuptial agreements
• Application for Personal Protection Order and Enforcement
• Injunction against spousal violence, abuse and harassment
• International Child Abduction under the Hague Convention and parental alienation
• Application to vary existing Court Orders
• Application for interim maintenance and custody of children and Enforcement
• Negotiation and mediation services
Singapore and many parts of the world are facing the worrying trend of aging population. The elderly are one of the vulnerable groups of people that may require protection and care. With proper planning in place, the elderly can ensure that their interests are not compromised and that they can age with dignity and enhance their quality of life. At FortisLaw, our team of Elderly Law specialists are able to provide a suite of services specifically tailored to the elderly, such as Advance Care Planning (ACP), registration of Lasting Power of Attorney, and the application for deputyship.
Led by Patrick Tan and supported by the team at FortisCare. FortisCare is a unique mix of highly trained professionals in both the legal and healthcare industries, who can help clients through the ACP process and ensure that their values, beliefs and choices are respected and followed should they lose mental capacity and the ability to look after themselves one day.
We have worked with various grassroots organizations, VWOs, and healthcare partners in Singapore to deliver quality ACP services. We also organize and conduct frequent ACP awareness campaigns and public outreach programs to raise awareness on the importance of ACP. Details of such campaigns and programs can be accessed via the “Events” link on our website.
Our Elderly Law experience covers the following areas:
• Advisory on the ACP process
• Preparation and drafting of ACP plan
• Advisory on Singapore Mental Capacity Act and Code of Practice
• Preparation and registration of Lasting Power of Attorney Forms with Office of Public Guardian
• Referral services for Advance Medical Directives to medical professionals
• Enforcement actions against Donees for breach of duties
• Deputy Application with the Singapore Mental Capacity Court
• Enforcement actions against Deputies for breach of duties
• Liaising with medical specialists and ascertain mental capacity
• Liaising with various stakeholders in ensuring that the welfare and needs of elderly and mentally incapacitated are protected and taken care of in their best interests.
For more information, get in touch with us: