Chee Jia is a Dispute Resolution lawyer with experience in family and matrimonial law, criminal law and civil and commercial disputes. Having had the privilege of honing her skills at several leading Singapore law firms in her areas of practice, she found that her interest lies in providing quality, personable and affordable legal solutions to clients from all walks of life.
Chee Jia is acutely aware of the sensitivities of private client matters and believes in providing holistic legal solutions to each client’s problems. She sees providing comfort and peace of mind to her client as an integral part of her practice.
Chee Jia has experience dealing with both contentious and non-contentious disputes. In particular, she has specialist experience in family law, ranging from divorces and associated ancillary matters, and interlocutory applications such as maintenance, child custody and interim injunctions to cases of domestic violence and children’s issues. She also has experience dealing with complex cross-border cases involving international child abduction, ancillary relief in Singapore consequent upon overseas divorces and relocation applications.
Some of her experience includes:
• Representing wife in highly contentious relocation and custody application where she was successfully granted custody and relocation rights to USA (UQN v UQO SGFC 107)
• Representing husband in successful urgent injunction for return of children abducted by wife involving unfounded allegations of child abuse (TKT v TKS SGFC 21)
• Counsel for husband in landmark case where High Court clarified that payments towards mortgage can form part of maintenance order (UEB v UEC  SGHCF 5)
• Counsel for husband at trial and subsequent appeal to High Court of maintenance application by wife where she requested for maintenance despite taking over $100,000 from the husband. The wife’s appeal was dismissed. (UHF v UHE  SGFC 129)
• Obtaining orders for return of children, abducted by one parent to their home country overseas including Hague convention applications
• Divorce and ancillary matters involving high net worth individuals including an individual with assets estimated at over $300 million
• Obtaining Mareva injunctions in the Family Court and High Court to prevent dissipation of assets
• Obtaining orders for custody, care and control, access and maintenance of children between unmarried couples
• Assisting in extradition proceedings involving 2 Singaporean businessman in alleged breach of US trade embargo
• Assisting in the corruption trial of a prominent public service official
• Assisting in criminal matters involving unlawful assembly, misappropriation and cheating offences.
Chee Jia’s experience has seen her act as both assisting counsel and lead counsel in matters at various levels of the Singapore Courts as well as court and private mediations.
Chee Jia regularly volunteers at legal clinics island-wide. She is a believer in technology and innovation in creating a better future and is the founder of home cooking mobile app – The Open Pan, inspired by her years of private client practice and belief that strong family bonds create a healthier and happier social fabric.
Ho Chee Jia, Associate Director
E-mail: [email protected]
Mobile: +65 9626 0196